Day 5 Morning Update

(Email update to family on Mar 26, recorded to blog on Mar 28)

Met with Dr. Martin this morning. He has postponed her MRI until tomorrow, as long as the pressures (ICP) stay in the teens. They have been frequently peaking in the twenties, higher than they would like which means he’s not ready for the monitor itself to come out. You can’t do an MRI with the monitor in. So, they are increasing the sodium solution to help the internal swelling come down, reducing the ICP.

We’ll meet later today with Dr Martin to discuss pathology report … so extremely nervous…